3000 E. Manzanita Ave | Tucson, AZ 85718
Phone: 520-209-7800 | Fax 520-209-7870
Attendance Line: 520-209-7860
Early Release Hours 8:00am - 1:30pm
K-AM: 8:00am - 11:00am
K-PM: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
School Hours: 8:00am - 3:00pm
Office Hours: 7:30am - 3:30pm
First Student, Inc. (bus company): Contact Info
Manzanita Elementary has adopted a unified mindset for the school and our classrooms. These behavior guidelines define our expectations for behavior in our school. You will see “The Mustang Mindset” guidelines posted throughout the school and your child will be learning them in their classroom. Our “Mustang Mindset” expectations in each part of the school are outlined in the Mustang Mindset Matrix.
As part of our Positive Behavior Interventions & Supports (PBIS) process, teachers and other staff members use evidence-based practices to increase student learning and decrease classroom disruptions. To keep students focused on the guidelines in a positive manner, we do the following when teaching academics and behavior:
- Constantly teach and refer to our school-wide expectations.
- Provide students with more praise than correction.
- Talk to students with respect using positive voice tone.
- Actively engage everyone in the class during instruction.
- Use pre-correcting, prompting, and redirecting as we teach.
- Look for the positive first and provide positive, immediate, frequent, and explicit feedback.
Manzanita staff members will be recognizing appropriate behavior with “Mustang Bucks”. These are slips that the students will receive highlighting their positive behavior. A copy will be sent home for students to share with their families, and there will be drawings at school for classroom rewards, and invitations to kindness and respect/responsibility lunches.